Monday, June 8, 2009

Tank Top Tie-dyeing

Today my girls tie-dyed tank tops. It was a great fun activity to do. Now I do admit I am the type of mother that has a hard time letting my kids have free reign over something. I knew how I would have tie-dyed a shirt, but I did good, I sat back and let my girls decide all on their own how they would make the design. It was hard not to intervein and show them how to dye the shirt properly. I knew I had to let them do it all on their own, regardless if they liked the final outcome or not. The actual dyeing process was sooo messy and I do not do messy very well.Once the shirts dry I will post some pics, I am anxious to see how they turn out. So I guess The little things in life are about stepping back and letting your kids make (some) mistakes on their own. Of course if they do not like the shirt we will try again.

2 comments:

Unknown

I can't wait to see how they turned out. I love making tie dyed shirts.

erin

Well they are in the washer now. We will see. My middle child already did not like hers even before it was washed. I will post pics later today.

Post a Comment